Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Introduction to College life

Hi! My name is Jim Bichler and I am a freshman here at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Pre-Medicine, am involved in the Concert Choir, and am active in the Army ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps). Overall so far college has been a fun and rewarding experience, and I am taking the following classes:

CHM 103 General Chemistry I
BIO 105 General Biology I
CST 110 Public Oral Communication
MUS 105 Music Appreciation
UWL 100 Freshman Seminar
M-S 101 Introduction to Army Professions
MUS 153 University of Wisconsin- La Crosse Concert Choir

This past week was particularly stressful, because it was exam week again at the University. I had a test in Chemistry and a test in Biology. I did fairly well on the Chemistry test, and somehow managed to get an A on what was said to be the hardest Biology exam of the semester. (Cellular Respiration and Cell Function). Besides my tough schedule, I have been sick and trying to get better. I went to the Student Health Center on Monday and they prescribed an Antibiotic, after trying for 4 times and being unsuccessful at getting any help. Needless to say I was very happy. Other than that this has been a stressful week, and I will explain more of that next week!