Saturday, December 15, 2007

Studying in the Dorms at La Crosse

So like I mentioned this week is finals week and the name of the game is trying to study. The problem that you guys might be thinking of is...how am I going to study if I do not have class, and the dorms at college are just so much fun. Well I have your answer. Dorms around the time of studying are turned into this military like boot camp because you RA's turn into monsters. The week of finals, the dorms crank out this wonderful thing called intensive quiet hours. Now this will become the lamest thing that you guys will ever experience. Imagine a dorm that is full of people, and you know that it is totally full of people, but nobody is talking. That's right, the dorm is absolutely silent. I would have to say that of all my college experiences it is the most creepy thing that I will ever see. Normally throughout the school year the dorms are awake and have many activities to do in them. This week however pretty much the only thing that will be going on in Hutchison Hall, my dorm is the activities happening late at night that do not conflict with anyone taking finals. Yesterday we had a pet therapy session which was pretty cool. Our Resident Assistants brought in a whole bunch of pets into the basement and we got to pet them and play around with them to have fun and relieve some stress. So while the dorms are quiet the chance that you can study becomes increasingly better. I would suggest to lock your door so that you don't end up with random people coming into your room as you are studying to distract you. Well speaking of studying I had better get going because I have to do that yet. I will talk to you guys next week!