Monday, September 29, 2008

Organic Chemistry Test

So this past week I had an Organic Chemistry test. Now this may seem like just another test, but when you get into your upper level classes, you will find that they become progressively difficult. I learned this last year if you have been reading my blogs that Chemistry 104 was another very difficult test. Well, needless to say, I survived my first test, even if it was just barely, but I did make it through, and I am happy that I did. This week I have an Anatomy and Physiology laboratory test on Wednesday, so I will be studying that tonight and trying to cram all of the information that I possibly can on the Human bone structure, and the histology of different epithelial tissues. I think that I will be able to do fine on this though, if I can just continue to keep studying and not get distracted for too much of the time.

Choir this year has been going great, and I have really been enjoying it! We had a guest speaker/motivator come in and do a lecture for us last weekend. This past weekend I was out at Fort McCoy training with the rest of the ROTC battalion. We had the opportunity to shoot M16 rifles and I got to shoot a Machine gun for the first time in my life. Lets just say that I really enjoyed that. (Surprisingly it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will.... :) ) After we shot the weapons, we then spent 6 hours trying to get them clean. I finally got my clean after about 5 hours. The last major event that we had the opportunity to do this weekend was to go through a confidence course and an obstacle course. On the confidence course, I did an obstacle that I ended up hurting myself on. It was set up so that you had to roll a bunch of logs while you were laying on them, and span a 15 foot section about 4 feet off of the ground. Needless to say I got to the end, lost my balance and ended up taking a dive into the ground. Luckily I had my Kevlar helmet on so my injury was kept to a minimal!

Well I will talk to you guys later, because now I have to go to choir!